A - Test Stick
B – Coupler for Control Cord
C – Test Cord for the Control
Use the following steps to test the steam generator, control cord and control.
IMPORTANT: FIRST, CHECK THE ITEMS BELOW:
- Make sure the correct power (208/240), breaker size and wire size are used for the generator. Specifications are listed in the generator installation instructions.
- Make sure you have the breaker to the generator switched “ON” at your breaker panel.
- Make sure water is turned on to the generator.
- Check all control cord connections.
1. Disconnect the control cord at the generator
2. Insert the Test Stick (A) into the generator receptacle.
3. - A If you hear the relay click on, then the generator is working correctly. Leave running for 20 minutes to make sure unit produces steam. Go to Step 4.
3. - B If you hear nothing then the generator has an internal issue and should be evaluated by the factory. Please call 800-776-0711.
4. NOTE: Do this only after performing the first three steps. Unplug the Test Stick (A) from the generator. Plug in your control cord back to the generator. Remove the existing control from the wall. Disconnect the control and cord from the Coupler for Control Cord (B)
5. Insert the Test Stick (A) into the Coupler for Control Cord (B) that's connected to the control cord and the generator. The unit should start producing steam. If so, then we know the generator and control cord is working properly. If the unit is not producing steam, then the cord is damaged and will need to be replaced.
Go to the next step if the unit produced steam.
6. Disconnect the control cord at the generator.
7. IMPORTANT: Insert the control that you removed from the wall directly into the generator receptacle at the generator. If your control didn't come with a cord you can use the provided Test Cord for the Control (C) to connect your control into the generator. Press the Power On/Steam button on your control.
8 - A If you hear nothing and don't see any lights on the control, then the control will need to be replaced.
8 - B If you hear the relay click on and steam is produced, then the generator and control are working correctly. Please replace your original Coupler for Control Cord with provided item (B) in the test kit you received.
9. If you have performed all the above steps but the unit will still not operate when all components are used together, then please call 800-776-0711 for assistance. Please have your Serial Number including the Date Code. These numbers will be necessary for us to properly help you.